Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sweet Home Alabama









Yes, I made it to Alabama! I survived the week long road trip, and it was amazing! And I can't wait to share all about that trip in upcoming posts. Not only did I survive the road trip, I even managed to survive my first week of work! And while I will never ever talk about the nitty gritty of work on my blog, I will share a few things. Having my own office (which is painted a very cherry red by the way), makes me feel like I'm such a grown up. Yesterday I even spent all day carefully picking out items to make it more homey and comfortable.

Yet, having to navigate my first post-master's degree job has me feeling more like a kid on her first day of kindergarden. I want to understand everything I'm supposed to be doing every second of the day from day one. But it just doesn't work like that. So some days I feel totally on my game and others I feel like I'm about to have a panic attack, but that is the story of my life.

And to top it all off, I went for a routine pre-employment tuberculosis (tb) test. And I got a positive test! I've never gotten a positive test before, that totally freaked me out. So I had to get my lungs x-rayed to rule out the possibility of me having TB, and they found a nodule on my lungs, and now I have to get a CT scan for diagnosis. But this is all scaring me a little, although the worst case scenario probably is that I have a non-contagious, latent form of tuberculous. But still, this is not cool. Not cool at all.

Besides having new digs and a new job, I'm also, wait for it, wait for it, training for a 5k in September! Yes, this chubby girl, who typically only runs when being chased, has been dragging my butt out of bed 3-4 days a week to do the couch to 5k training regimen. And man it's hard for me, I struggle when I start jogging, and then I think I'm going to die every moment until it is over. But so far I haven't failed myself yet. I don't know if I will actually be able to run the whole 3 miles come September, but as long as I cross that finish line somehow, I will be proud of myself.

Of course, I have to mention that I'm missing Adam all the time. But we are both just trying to keep busy and remember that everyday we are without each other just means we are one day closer to starting the next phase of our lives in Alabama...together.

2 comments:

  1. Awww I'm soooooooooooo excited for you and your new move! How exciting to be starting fresh. I'm beyond thrilled to move to TN in December! I'm not looking forward to the 25 hour drive, BUT it'll be worth it in the end. Esp. if we can stop at little places like you did to take some pics. :) I'm glad you made it and can't wait for Adam to join you! Make sure you give us all the details!!

    <3 Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool that you have your very own office. I can't wait to hear about your trip! A 5k?! That is so awesome!! So so proud of you. Go B, you got this! You are going to feel so good when you jog across that finish line!

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!