Sunday, August 12, 2012

Boothill Graveyard-Tombstone Arizona







Before we left Tombstone in the dust, we had one more stop to make. We wanted to check out the Boothill Graveyard. The Boothill Graveyard was used in Tombstone till the 1880's and it just had these little wooden planks for headstones. But on their grave stones, it listed the way they died, which was super interesting as you can see. My favorite one stated, "he was right, we was wrong, but we strung him up, and now he's gone." The graveyard also had the famous graves of the gunfighters killed in the shootout at the O.K. Corral.

Our destination after Tombstone was Fort Stockton, Texas, there was nothing to do or see in Fort Stockton, it was just a good stopping point before we headed off to San Antonio. But after I booked our hotel in Fort Stockton, I did find out that was where my grandfather's family lived, which I thought was pretty neat. I also had the best Subway sandwich of my life in that little Texas town. What made it the best subway sandwich of my life? Not having eaten since breakfast! If you had offered me a million dollars to give up that sandwich, I don't think I could have done it. Honestly.

Over those next two days of driving before we got to San Antonio, we got so close to Mexico, that we could see Mexico on our left and the United States on our right. We even got stopped by border patrol twice! We were so nervous, and they were so nosey. They did ask us questions about where we were going, why we had so much luggage, why I was leaving California, and if we were related. Luckily, they deemed us safe to drive on, and we arrived safe in San Antonio, which would end up to be the most fun part of the trip yet!

1 comment:

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!